I am more than happy to announce that this episode is with one of my greatest heroes within the functional fitness community: Dr. Kelly Starrett.
Dr. Kelly Starrett is a coach, physical therapist, two-time New York Times & Wall Street Journal bestselling author, speaker, and co-founder of The Ready State, the world’s most comprehensive collection of guided movement, mechanics, and mobility instructional videos.
So it would be natural to talk to him about,….well…mobility. But that’s not the case here. I took the chance to pick Kelly’s brain on breathing and its importance for our performance as he himself states that he does no longer coach posture but proper breathing.
So if the godfather of mobility in our functional fitness community puts such emphasis on this topic it’s worth listening!
- The Ready State
- Kelly Starrett: “Becoming a Supple Leopard“
- Kelly Starrett: “Ready to Run“
- Kelly Starrett & Juliett Starrett: “Deskbound“
- Zugspitz Ultratrail
- Laird Hamilton
- Wim Hof Method
- Gracovetsky: “The Spinal Engine”
- Eliud Kipchoge (2:01 Marathon, Worldrecord Holder)
- Connor McGregor loses against Floyd Mayweather (2020)
- Philipp Beach
- Gray Cook’s Functional Movement
- Frans Bosch “Anatomy of Agility”
- Shift Adapt by Brian MacKenzie
- The Ready State Instagram @thereadystate
- The Ready State Facebook
- Twitter @thereadystate
- The Ready State YouTube Channel